This program has been archived.
Division of Mathematical Sciences
Vertical Integration of Research and Education in the Mathematical Sciences (VIGRE)
|Henry A. Warchallfirstname.lastname@example.org||(703) 292-4861||1025 N|
PROGRAM GUIDELINESSolicitation 02-120
Important Information for Proposers
A revised version of the NSF Proposal & Award Policies & Procedures Guide (PAPPG) (NSF 22-1), is effective for proposals submitted, or due, on or after October 4, 2021. Please be advised that, depending on the specified due date, the guidelines contained in NSF 22-1 may apply to proposals submitted in response to this funding opportunity.
The long-range goal of the VIGRE program is to increase the number of well-prepared U.S. citizens, nationals, and permanent residents who pursue careers in the mathematical sciences. A successful VIGRE project must:
1. integrate research with educational activities;
2. enhance interaction among undergraduates, graduate students, postdoctoral associates, and faculty members;
3. broaden the educational experiences of its students and postdoctoral associates to prepare them for a wide range of career opportunities; and
4. motivate more students to pursue an education in the mathematical sciences. With these goals in mind, each VIGRE proposal must present a coherent plan for the integration of:
- a graduate traineeship program,
- an undergraduate research experience program, and
- a postdoctoral program.