How to Enter: Register, Complete, Submit
Step 1: REGISTER
Register on the online platform at gennano17-18.skild.com. That is where you will write your essay, upload your comic or video and upload permission forms.
If you are under 14 years of age, your parent or guardian will need to register and submit on your behalf.
As an individual:
- Register as a team leader.
- Fill out the registration information.
As a team:
- Select a team leader, who will register first.
- The team leader will then invite the other members to join.
- Every team member must register and fill out the registration information.
Every student will receive an automated email from firstname.lastname@example.org to activate their account. If you do not receive this email, please contact us at email@example.com.
Complete your entry and upload your comic or video. Ensure all forms are completed, signed and uploaded, including:
- The permission form, required for every student; and
- NSF Form 1515 - one per team (see the Guidelines for more information).
Submit your entry.
- Any team member can submit the entry.
- You must use the "submit" button on the online platform for an entry to be submitted and eligible for judging.
|September 18, 2017||Competition opens|
|January 10, 2018||Entries due|
|January 2018||First round of judging|
|Early February 2018||Semifinal round of judging|
|Late February 2018||Final round of judging|
|April 6-8, 2018||Winners present their displays at 2018 USA Science & Engineering Festival.|
Generation Nano Competition
National Science Foundation
2415 Eisenhower Ave
Alexandria, VA 22314
Follow the competition #GenNano
Who: 6-12 grade -- individuals or teams of 2-3
What: A short comic OR video to tell a story and describe how your hero uses science on their mission or quest
When: Enter between Sept. 18, 2017-Jan. 10, 2018, 11:59 p.m. EST
Where: Learn more and enter at nsf.gov/gennanoWhy: To promote an early interest in science, technology, engineering and mathematics. Questions? Contact the Generation Nano Team at firstname.lastname@example.org