Our science-loving staff members at the U.S. National Science Foundation want to share their passion and knowledge with you. Employees with the NSF Speakers Bureau offer a wealth of knowledge and subject matter expertise in a broad range of science, engineering and STEM research and education topics.
NSF speakers present to all types of audiences including K-12 students and teachers, industry, small businesses, universities, science societies and associations, researchers, executives, federal government, nonprofits, community STEM clubs, science cafes and more.
Our Speakers Bureau will work with you to find the best speaker(s) and presentation type for the topic(s) you have in mind, but if you need some inspiration coming up with a program, here are some examples of topics our speakers love to discuss:
- STEM Career Pathways: Inspire your class of K-12 students to pursue STEM and explore the different pathways into societally impactful science and engineering. Hear about the "STEM spark" that ignited meaningful careers. Listen to career stories of women and men from diverse backgrounds, all engaged in rewarding work.
- The Stars Within Us: How the elements inside you, and in everything else, were forged. Using the newly released video about periodic elements, learn and hear how we are all connected.
- A History of NSF: Take a historical look at how NSF has been funding research that has transformed lives for more than 70 years.
- NSF 101: Get to know NSF; explore topics like science policy, the state of the STEM workforce, and improving accessibility and inclusion in STEM; and learn more about how you can engage with us.
- Roadmap to Funding: Get a glimpse of the often-daunting grants process at NSF. Each year, through a competitive merit review process, NSF funds the very best research projects at more than 2000 institutions throughout the United States. Learn how to identify which program(s) might be most interested in supporting your work, and acquire tips on how to craft an effective grant proposal. For a full conversation/learning on the grants process, check out NSF's Virtual Grants Conference.
- Startups with Solutions: Learn how to move your ideas from the lab to market with NSF's technology translation programs.
- Check out our research areas for even more inspiration.
Some Spanish speakers are available.
How to Request an NSF Speaker: It's easy
- Complete the speaker request form, review the Guidelines, check that you have thoroughly reviewed them, and press the submit button. A Speakers Bureau representative will review your request and contact you.
- Please note all requests will take 6-8 weeks to process, so please plan your event as early as possible. If a response to your request for a speaker is not received within 60 days of your original request date, please contact the Speakers Bureau.
* Please note that submission does not guarantee a speaker; however, we will do our absolute best to locate an in-person or virtual speaker for your event. We will work with you to identify the topic and speaker that will best meet the needs of your audience. Flexibility in your topic and program date helps immensely in securing an NSF speaker. NSF Speakers can only reach locations in the United States.
If you are inviting the NSF Director to speak or attend your event, please send a detailed request to firstname.lastname@example.org instead of using the request form.
For media inquiries, please call (703) 292-7090 or email NSF Media Affairs at email@example.com