Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization (OSDBU)
The National Science Foundation (NSF) Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization (OSDBU) helps increase contract and subcontract awards to small and disadvantaged businesses, and identifies potential businesses to support the NSF.
OSDBU also serves as an advocate for small and disadvantaged businesses. It creates internal NSF awareness of the benefits of working with small businesses through marketing and training. OSDBU monitors and reports data regarding NSF's subcontracting program. Additionally, OSDBU develops annual goals for contracting and subcontracting with small business concerns. OSDBU participates in outreach activities (i.e., exhibiting, one-on-one counseling, and serving on panel discussions) at local, regional, and national events.
Small and disadvantaged businesses interested in selling to the NSF should first register on the NSF Vendor Resource Library located at https://www.nsf.gov/about/contracting/vendorlibrary.jsp. Next, interested businesses should review the Contracting Opportunities page at https://www.nsf.gov/about/contracting/.
To see a list of NSF's projected contractual actions for the current fiscal year with an estimated value of $150,000 or above, visit the Forecast of Contracting Opportunities at https://www.nsf.gov/about/contracting/forecast.jsp.
NSF will also attend events in Fiscal Year 2018 and speak about opportunities for small and disadvantaged businesses. Find our booth at any of the events below:
- MEGA Maryland Small Minority Business Conference for AEC, October 11, 2017; http://www.same.org/Get-Connected/Find-a-Post/Baltimore/Calendar/MEGA-MD-SBC
- Federal Small Business Procurement and Technology Plus Expo, October 11, 2017, http://archive.mailermailer.com/view/216633056n-972f80e6%2a1256574z-d48c3b69
- National HUBZone Conference, October 12, 2017, http://www.hubzonecouncil.org/clubportal/ClubStatic.cfm?clubID=528&pubmenuoptID=29484
- ChallengeHER, October 19, 2017, https://challengeher.us/challengeher-with-treasury-dept/
- US Women's Chamber of Commerce National Small Business Federal Contracting Summit, November 1, 2017, https://uswcc.org/events/natl-small-biz-summit-fall-2017/
- GovConectx Fall Showcase, November 16, 2017, http://www.govconectx.com/fall-showcase.html
- GovConectx Maryland Outreach, December 7, 2017, http://www.govconectx.com/maryland-outreach.html
- Government Agency Procurement Outreach event, December 14, 2017, http://www.thebusinessservicecenter.com/
- 28th Annual Government Procurement Conference, April 19, 2018, https://www.fbcinc.com/e/PROCUREMENT/default.aspx