Advisory Committee for ERE (AC-ERE)
In 2000, NSF established the Advisory Committee for Environmental Research and Education (AC-ERE). NSF's Director, Dr. Rita Colwell, charged the Committee at its first meeting in October 2000. AC-ERE is to:
- Provide advice recommendations and oversight concerning support for the NSF's environmental research and education portfolio;
- Be a base of contact with the scientific community to inform NSF of the impact of its research support and NSF-wide policies on the scientific community;
- Serve as a forum for consideration of interdisciplinary environmental topics as well as environmental activities in a wide range of disciplines;.
- Provide broad input into long-range plans and partnership opportunities; and.
- Perform oversight of program management, overall program balance, and other aspects of program performance for environmental research and education activities.
6/20/2018 - Request for Information - ERE, National Security, and Economic Competitiveness
The AC ERE invites your input on possible environmental research and education directions to further advance national security and economic competitiveness. If you are interested in participating, please access the Dear Colleague Letter via this link. https://www.nsf.gov/ere/ereweb/rfi2018.jsp
AC-ERE REPORTS RELEASED
The function of Federal advisory committees is advisory only. Any opinions, findings, conclusions, or recommendations expressed in the reports and presentations below are those of the Advisory Committee, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.
To obtain copies of AC-ERE reports, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Executive Summary America's Future: Environmental Research and Education for a Thriving Century (September 2015)
Summary Slides America's Future: Environmental Research and Education for a Thriving Century (September 2015
"Transitions and Tipping Points in Complex Environmental Systems" (September 2009)
Full and Summary reports of "Complex Environmental Systems: Synthesis for Earth, Life, and Society in the 21st Century" (January 2003)
Occasional Papers and Related Reports
"An AC ERE Perspective on Convergence" (December 2016)