The NSF Innovation Corps (I-Corps) Nodes are designed to support regional needs for innovation education, infrastructure and research. The Nodes will work cooperatively to build, utilize and sustain a national innovation ecosystem that further enhances the development of technologies, products and processes that benefit society.
The interconnected nodes of this network may be diverse in research areas, resources, tools, programs, capabilities and in geographic locations, while the network will have the flexibility to grow or reconfigure as needs arise.
I-Corps Nodes foster understanding on how to:
- Identify, develop and support promising ideas that can generate value;c
- Create and implement tools and resources that enhance our nation's innovation capacity;
- Gather, analyze, evaluate and utilize the data and insight resulting from the experiences of the I-Corps Teams, and;
- Share and leverage effective innovation practices on a national scale to improve the quality of life for the American public.
Currently, there are eight I-Corps Nodes nationwide:
- Bay Area (UC Berkeley, UCSF, Stanford)
- Midwest Node (UMich, UI Urbana-Champaign, Purdue)
- NYC Regional Innovation Node (CUNY, NYU, Columbia)
- DC Regional Node (UMD, George Washington, Johns Hopkins, Virginia Tech)
- IN-LA Node (USC, UCLA, Caltech)
- Southwest Alliance for Entrepreneurial Innovation (UT Austin, Rice, Texas A&M, Texas Tech)
- South Node (GA Tech, UA Tuscaloosa, UA Birmingham, UT Knoxville)
- Upstate NY Alliance for Entrepreneurial Innovation (Cornell, RIT, UR)
I-Corps Nodes Solicitation
A full description of the NSF Innovation Corps Regional Nodes, I-Corps proposal instructions and other essential information are available in the I-Corps Nodes solicitation or in the I-Corps Nodes Program FAQ.
Learn more by watching a recording of the winter 2017 I-Corps Nodes Informational webinar.
A short description of the ways I-Corps Nodes will contribute to the National Innovation Network is available, as well as an I-Corps Nodes Factsheet (PDF, 634 KB).
I-Corps Teams Contact
Steven Konsek, telephone: (703) 292-7021, Email: email@example.com