Experimental Program to Stimulate Competitive Research (EPSCoR)
EPSCoR has a new informational brochure. Check it out here.
The mission of EPSCoR is to advance excellence in science and engineering research and education in order to achieve sustainable increases in research, education, and training capacity and competitiveness that will enable EPSCoR jurisdictions to have increased engagement in areas supported by the NSF. EPSCoR goals are:
- to provide strategic programs and opportunities for EPSCoR participants that stimulate sustainable improvements in their R&D capacity and competitiveness;
- to advance science and engineering capabilities in EPSCoR jurisdictions for discovery, innovation and overall knowledge-based prosperity.
- to catalyze the development of research capabilities and the creation of new knowledge that expands jurisdictions' contributions to scientific discovery, innovation, learning, and knowledge-based prosperity;
- to establish sustainable STEM education, training, and professional development pathways that advance jurisdiction-identified research areas and workforce development;
- to broaden direct participation of diverse individuals, institutions, and organizations in the project’s science and engineering research and education initiatives;
- to effect sustainable engagement of project participants and partners, the jurisdiction, the national research community, and the general public through data-sharing, communication, outreach, and dissemination;
- to impact research, education, and economic development beyond the project at academic, government, and private sector levels.
EPSCoR Special Announcements
- EPSCoR RII Track-4 Solicitation NSF 17-509 now available
- NSF EPSCoR Project Directors' and Project Administrators' Meeting (May 16-17, 2016)
- NSF EPSCoR Response to the National Academy of Sciences (NAS) and the Science and Technology Policy Institute (STPI) Reports
- The 24th National NSF EPSCoR Conference - Portsmouth, NH (2015)
- NSF EPSCoR Project Directors' and Project Administrators' Meeting (May 18-19, 2015)
- NSF EPSCoR Project Directors' and Project Administrators' Meeting (January 22-23, 2015)
- NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program Webinar Slides
Download the EPSCoR Jurisdiction Map - EPSCoR Jurisdiction Map (Right Click, Save As)