OIA's Established Program to Stimulate Competitive Research (EPSCoR) Section
The new RII Track-1 solicitation has been posted. Letters of Intent are due on July 2, 2019, and Full Proposals are due on July 30, 2019.
EPSCoR recently held its annual PI meeting on May 16-17, 2019. Over 120 participants representing all NSF EPSCoR jurisdictions attended, 25% of whom were representatives of RII Track-2 and RII Track-4 awards.
EPSCoR recently held a regional outreach meeting, "All About Research Center Programs," in Mobile, AL. The event provided extensive information about the various NSF Center programs and was intended to help pave the way for EPSCoR researchers to take the next steps in leveraging their current funding and research to create a culture of sustainability and move onto the next big project. EPSCoR is currently looking to host more of these types of regional outreach meetings and is soliciting community feedback on the next topic and location. Please send suggestions to email@example.com.
The FY19 Eligibility Table is now available. In alignment with legislative and study recommendations EPSCoR is planning to re-examine its eligibility methodology to ensure that it is simple, transparent, fair, and stable. We will be engaging with the EPSCoR community and stakeholders through a variety of ways to ensure that all concerns are addressed and get feedback to help develop a more robust eligibility model. To kick off this community engagement on eligibility, EPSCoR hosted an informational webinar and Q&A session on Thursday, March 14. Slides from the webinar can be viewed here. Please send all feedback on NSF EPSCoR Eligibility to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EPSCoR enhances research competitiveness of targeted jurisdictions (states, territories, commonwealth) by strengthening STEM capacity and capability.
EPSCoR envisions its jurisdictions as recognized contributors to the national and global STEM research enterprise.
- Catalyze research capability across and among jurisdictions;
- Establish STEM professional development pathways;
- Broaden participation of diverse groups/institutions in STEM;
- Effect engagement in STEM at national and global levels; and
- Impact jurisdictional economic development.
EPSCOR SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
- NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program Webinar Slides
- NSF EPSCoR hosted an informational webinar on its RII Track-4 program recently.
- NSF EPSCoR hosted an informational webinar on the IUCRC: Industry - University Cooperative Research Centers Program.
- Check out EPSCoR's Informational Brochure.