Web Policies and Important Links
The National Science Foundation has adopted a number of policies to ensure that the NSF web site, the NSF Online Document System and the NSF Updates provide accurate, unbiased information about NSF programs and activities to the widest possible audience. For more information or to provide feedback on a specific policy, contact the office listed on the individual policy page. General questions and comments should be directed to the Office of Legislative and Public Affairs (OLPA).
This is a National Science Foundation federal government computer system. Unauthorized attempts to modify any information stored on this system, to defeat or circumvent security features, or to use this system for other than its intended purposes are illegal and may result in disciplinary action, criminal prosecution, or both.
VULNERABILITY DISCLOSURE POLICY
Protecting information is integral to the NSF mission. NSF's Vulnerability Disclosure Policy (VDP) describes the process by which researchers can report potential vulnerabilities related to the Foundation's publicly accessible systems. The NSF VDP outlines what systems and types of research are covered under the policy, how to send NSF vulnerability reports, and the timeframes for NSF acknowledgment and action related to identified vulnerabilities.
DATA QUALITY STANDARDS
NSF has posted OMB-approved National Science Foundation Quality Guidelines. The Data Quality Standards page explains the guidelines and how to request a correction.
NSF.GOV LINKING POLICY
NSF.gov links to publicly available websites that are government owned or government sponsored and are on the .gov, .mil, and .fed.us website domains.
NSF.gov also links to:
- Quasi-government agencies and websites created by public sector/private sector partnerships.
- State and local government sites.
- Government-sponsored websites that end in .com, .org, or .net (like www.usps.com for the U.S. Postal Service).
- Select websites that are not government owned or government sponsored. We do this if these websites provide information that is not available on an official government website. NSF.gov provides links to these non-government websites as a public service only.
Disclaimer of endorsement
The NSF.gov website includes hypertext links, or pointers, to information created and maintained by other public and/or private organizations. We provide these links and pointers only for your information and convenience. When you select a link to an outside website, you are leaving the NSF.gov site and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the outside website.
- NSF does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of information contained on a linked website.
- We do not endorse the organizations sponsoring linked websites and we do not endorse the views they express or the products/services they offer.
- The content of external, non-Federal websites is not subject to Federal information quality, privacy, security, and related guidelines.
- We cannot authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked websites. Users must request such authorization from the sponsor of the linked website.
- We are not responsible for transmissions users receive from linked websites.
- We do not guarantee that outside websites comply with Section 508 (accessibility requirements) of the Rehabilitation Act.