Future of Work at the Human-Technology Frontier
What is Future of Work at the Human-Technology Frontier?
Future of Work at the Human-Technology Frontier (FW-HTF) is one of the 10 Big Ideas for Future NSF Investments.
The FW-HTF investment responds to challenges and opportunities for the future of jobs and workers in a landscape with rapid social and technological changes.
By supporting convergent research at the intersection of future work, technology, and workers, FW-HTF aims to:
- Understand and develop the human-technology partnership,
- Design new technologies to augment human performance,
- Illuminate the emerging socio-technological landscape and understand the risks and benefits of new technologies,
- Understand and influence the impact of artificial intelligence on workers and work, and
- Foster lifelong and pervasive learning.
Funding OpportunitiesFW-HTF Funding
- Future of Work at the Human-Technology Frontier: Core Research (FW-HTF) (NSF 19-541)
- Future of Work at the Human-Technology Frontier: Advancing Cognitive and Physical Capabilities (FW-HTF) (NSF 18-548) ARCHIVED
Contact FW-HTF program officers at email@example.com
AwardsNSF's investment in FW-HTF research projects began in FY 2018; see NSF FW-HTF awards.
NSF's investment in FW-HTF Workshops and Research Coordination Networks began in FY 2017; see NSF FW-HTF Workshop and RCN awards.