NSF-Approved Formats for Current and Pending Support
NSF requires information on all current and pending support for ongoing projects and proposals. Detailed information about the content is available in the Proposal and Award Policies and Procedures Guide (PAPPG), Chapter, II.C.2.h. A set of frequently asked questions related to current and pending support also is available.
Use of an NSF-approved format for current and pending support will be required upon implementation of the PAPPG (NSF 20-1), for all proposals submitted or due on or after June 1, 2020.
Approved formats for creating current & pending support are:
- SciENcv - (Coming soon!) NSF is partnering with the National Institutes of Health (NIH) to use SciENcv: Science Experts Network Curriculum Vitae as an NSF-approved format for use in preparation of the current and pending support section of an NSF proposal. Adoption of a single, common researcher profile system for Federal grants reduces administrative burden for researchers.
- NSF Fillable PDF - (Coming soon!) NSF will provide a fillable PDF of the current & pending support format. Proposers will be able to download it from this page, complete the form, and upload as part of their proposal via FastLane, Research.gov or Grants.gov.
SciENcv will produce NSF-compliant PDF versions of the current & pending support format. Proposers must save these documents and submit them as part of their proposals via FastLane, Research.gov or Grants.gov.
NSF will continue to keep the community informed as approved formats and related information become available.
- February 2020: NSF will release a fillable PDF format for current & pending support for optional use.
- March 2020: SciENcv will produce an NSF-compliant PDF version of the current & pending support format for optional use.
- June 1, 2020: NSF requires use of an approved format for current & pending support upon implementation of the PAPPG (NSF 20-1), for all proposals submitted or due on or after this date.
For system-related questions, please contact FastLane User Support at 1-800-673-6188 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Policy-related questions regarding the content of the formats should be directed to email@example.com.