International Collaborations (Czech Republic)
NSF and the Czech Science Foundation (GACR) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on Research Cooperation. The MOU provides a framework to encourage collaboration between U.S. and Czech research communities and sets out the principles by which jointly supported activities might be developed. Through a "lead agency model," NSF and GACR will allow proposers from both countries to collaborate to write a single proposal that will undergo a single review process at NSF.
This NSF-GACR collaborative research opportunity focuses on discoveries and innovations in the areas of artificial intelligence, nanotechnology, and plasma science. Proposals will be accepted for collaborative research in these areas at the intersection of GACR’s Call for Proposals and participating NSF programs. Proposals are expected to adhere to the research areas, funding limits, and grant durations for these participating NSF programs and for the GACR programs from which funding is sought. As details vary by NSF program, U.S. PIs are encouraged to contact program directors of pertinent NSF programs for specific guidance.
Links to participating NSF programs are below. Please note that only proposals addressing artificial intelligence, nanotechnology, and plasma science currently are accepted under this NSF-GACR collaboration regardless of the breadth of the programs linked below.
Full submission guidance is in the Dear Colleague Letter: Special Guidelines for Submitting Collaborative Proposals under the National Science Foundation and Czech Science Foundation Collaborative Research Opportunities (NSF 21-111) at https://www.nsf.gov/pubs/2021/nsf21111/nsf21111.jsp?org=NSF.
- Artificial Intelligence
- NSF Directorate for Computer and Information Science and Engineering - core programs
- CCF: Algorithmic Foundations (AF)
- CCF: Communications and Information Foundations (CIF)
- CCF: Foundations of Emerging Technologies (FET)
- CCF: Software and Hardware Foundations (SHF)
- CNS: CNS Core (CNS Core)
- IIS: Human-Centered Computing (HCC)
- IIS: Information Integration and Informatics (III)
- IIS: Robust Intelligence (RI); and
- OAC: OAC Core Research (OAC Core).
- NSF Directorate for Engineering â all core programs in the following Divisions
- Division of Chemical, Bioengineering, Environmental, and Transport Systems
- Division of Civil, Mechanical & Manufacturing Innovation; and
- Division of Electrical, Communications and Cyber Systems.
- NSF Directorate for Social, Behavioral and Economic Sciences â core programs in all Divisions excluding Human-Environment and Geographical Sciences Program - Doctoral Dissertation Research Improvement Awards and Dynamics of Integrated Socio-Environmental Systems.
- NSF Directorate for Engineering - all core programs in the following Divisions
- Plasma Science
Return to International Collaborations Main Page.